Alter Ego
[Saturday, April 17, 2004]
Oh i only realised today i got 5 frens whose birthday's today and 2 more tomorrow =) Haha happy birthday to all! =) And Diana!!!! welcome to the 20-yr-old gang =)

Wah, i just came home from a pair of 12-yr-old twins birthday party and i'm dead beat. I think I must 认老 already. Sigh, i can feel my bones rattling within me. I cant run around as much as i used to, I cant talk about beyblades (oh well i think that's out of fashion now) and heelies and ice freeze or whatever funny game they play everytime in their lingo and I cant scream and be happy about it... heh I'm not young anymore... And to whoever's gonna tell me it doesnt matter how old you are as long as you're young at heart I'll tell you to go and try to be a kid once more and you'll agree with me it's barely possible. I think i lost something called innocence when i started to build this wall around me and learnt how to behave in a way society deems right... haha not that i would have avoided doing so if i were to turn back time cos it's all part of growing up but i must admit that I'm no longer a child... No wonder there's such a thing called generation gap... Now I'm starting to think that they calling me auntie was quite right after all...

Ok now back to what I wanted to blog about originally... it's about the blueprints that's aired over channel 5 yesterday. Watched it for the first time and i thought it's quite good =) My gor gor said they spent 1 day at some retreat and churned out the script by the end of the day... Quite an amazing feat and they sort of changed my opinion that s'porean scriptwriters are quite terrible =p

Hmm, the plot wasnt that spectacular but I liked the way they put things across... There was this scene where the boy and his dad were lying on the grass looking at the nightsky and the boy asked his father how do you measure love... yeah and his dad told him I guess you measure love by the size of the crater it leaves behind... (something like that lah, i cant really remember...)

You measure love by the size of the crater it leaves behind
Wow, I never thought of it this way but now that he mentioned it I guess it's quite true... Things like love for my parents, friends etc, I never really bother to measure it... cos after all, what for? I dont need to know exactly how much I love them to continue loving them... And there's obviously no way to quantify it... But perhaps when they're gone then you'll start to try to fill the hole left behind and start to realise how deep it actually is... I guess i've found the answer as to why people always regret not telling their loved one how much they love them until it's too late... Yeah, perhaps they never could... perhaps they never knew... until they left them...

? . 9:46 PM

...................