Been a week of fumbling about, trying to figure out where I belong and how I'd fit in... I'm nowhere near settling down properly but at least I'm starting to adapt to the life of a clinical student. And it's tiring.
Guess i'll have no more life after this. It's just hospital-home-hospital-home. Not that I dun want to have a life but everyday we're so worn out we just want to have a proper rest. And moreover we have to finish reading all the stuff the tutors expect us to know. Hah and it's worse for me cos as my tutor puts it we have gone through 2 yrs and we pretend to listen during lectures, pretend to understand what we're taught, get 6/10 for tests and come to where we are now. And then now we discover we know nothing. Wah, i think he can read my mind. Cos that's what I've been through. Haha. Now I'm reaping what I sowed and now I dun think I can ever catch up. But bottom line is
primum non nocere (first do no harm)
Still cant get used to the fact that we have to harass the patients day in day out. There was this day we saw that every rm in the ward we went to had at least 1 grp of medical students inside. And then when we clerked a patient he said that 4 groups of students had gone to him before us... Wah... poor thing. And I'm not confident at all bout my examination techniques so I cant do anything much for now. But at least I have a really strict tutor who teaches us the way things should be done. I'll be really scared if pple like me graduate in 3 yrs time and I have to trust my life in their hands. Haha, I've got a lot a lot to pick up...
But there's always so many pple who're there to help me along the way. Very thankful for having them ard. My CG mates and the fat fat at home for volunteering their bodies for me to try out on... And the seniors who are ever so helpful. If i were in this alone I think I'll break down soon... Need to read up upper and lower limb anat plus neuro examination technique by tmr. Wish me luck. I think I'm in for another look blur, tutor shakes his head at me session on mon... Oh well, I'd better buck up.
? . 3:30 PM
...................